Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Kate Chopin

Desiree's Baby



This story in particular I liked. I think this because it has a great effect on the reader in the end. I think that it has a wide detailed contribution to "racism". It was real shocking to discover that this was a huge mistake a man could ever do to his family. It was gruesome in my point of view to see that this man burned every little detail of his family. I learned from this story a type of reaction that a man or anyone would have on this type of case. I learned how racism contributed to many things in this story. I really disliked the end, and how Armand would probably not get his family back.





The Story of an Hour





In my point of view this was a real dramatic story. It surprised me more to learn that this woman was so looking forward to her freedom, to find out that her illusions would fall down. I think that this story had a great diverse idea about freedom. In this case, the idea of freedom is in marriage. How a woman feels put down by her husband. He is like a nightmare and she hopes to soon end this. Another reason why I liked this story was because it reflected a woman's feelings and could be connected to real life problems.


The Blind Man


This is my favorite story because it shows a great contrast in between a poor and blind man, to a rich and not blind man. It showed that even the widest could be dumb at a point. I learned that someone would really appriciate your help like the blind man. I could also learn to be more helpfu;, and not be like the people from the town. They were careless and were disturbed by the man's presence. I disliked though that the author didn't put a happy ending.

No comments:

Post a Comment