Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Flowers for Algernon

If you were given a choice to have an operation that would make you much smarter, would you do it, especially if you know the effects of the surgery would only be temporary? Why or why not? Use examples from the book.

If I was given a choice to have an operation that would make me much smarter I would take it. Even though if I know that the effects of the sugery would only be temporary. I would take this operation because I would believe that I can improve many things in my life during this point of time. Charlie is a man who to learn must take a really amount of time. All of a sudden, he goes into an operation because he is most determined than ever to become smart. Who wouldn't want to become at least a bit smart? When this happens he realizes many things that have an effect in his life. He experiences new things. Because of this I would like to take this chance. Maybe I can imrpove things around my environment. Like the way im living and change that. Even though im going back to normal, i would still have the benefit of having something fixed around me. A safe place as example too. In the story, Charlie has become a part of the doctor's experiment. He is running this to try to study many things of his kind and condition of his mind. Therefore, his contribution works to help out these doctors find out more. Maybe they can help out other people like him. This is why I'd take the operation.

7 comments:

  1. i super duper agree with u eli!!!!

    hahahahaha very nice...

    ReplyDelete
  2. lOl good job eli.
    but i put the oposite of that :D
    but i like the way you explained everything

    ReplyDelete
  3. your essay sounds professional
    i like your point even though i said no.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Eli good job
    i agree with Ally good point but i did the opposite i said no

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good job Eli. good point but I say no. hahaha. well yeah it would be good if you try to make differences for your life but you wouldn't exactly know how long temporarily is and if you change back to normal it will be harder for you if you already started to change things. And I'm sure changing things in your life will not take a little time. It will take long.

    ReplyDelete
  6. But good point anyways I like it. You changed the way I think. hahaha keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete