Thursday, April 23, 2009

Desiree's Baby, The Sequel

It took him a moment to realize what the letter was saying. It just couldn't be. What had he done. He had taken out the only woman he once ever loved. A child of his, and he denied it since he saw the color of his skin. If he knew earlier. This is why he had come to America, and explain the reason mother didn't want to come. He was a slave himself. Armand had become really furious. It was this that had broughten his family now. Armand felt anger towards his mother. It was she who had broughten him to the world. He had no one know.
For days he knew nothing about his wife and son. He had spent eating his anger through every drop of alcohol he drank. His slaves could do nothing to stop him, and Armand just was not the same as he treated them before. He felt that his mother was in between them somewhere. His mother was dead now, or was it a lie?
A month later, Armand was walking up the steps to Valmonde's home. He was decided that he would get his family back. One of the slaves opened the door. The woman led him up to Desiree's room. As he entered he could see that she was lying the baby down in her bed. He was asleep. She looked at him with confusing eyes.
"What are you doing here?" I thought you were on a business trip.
"I....came back to get what was mines. You and my only son.Please, I made an enormous mistake. I need to talk to you about my real past. While the fire, I found and old letter that my mother had given my father before retrieving to this land. It told my father that it was lucky when I didn't show the resemblence of her, a slave. My mother was one of them. Im the reason why our son was born like this.
"You must sell them. If you know who you truly are let them go. Otherwise, you or us can really get in serious problems with the laws of this town. Move in with us. " she ordered.
Slaves were let go, and Armand moved in. From then on they had a tough job of rising up together. He was not sure wether to look for his mother, or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment